Keeping our customers' data protected at all times is our highest priority. This security overview provides a high-level overview of the security practices put in place to achieve that objective.
Have questions or feedback? Feel free to reach out to us at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our security.txt can be accessed [here](todotemplates.com/security.txt).
## Dedicated Security Team
Our security team is comprised of security experts dedicated to improving the security of our organization. Our employees are trained on security incident response and are on call 24/7.
## Network level security monitoring and protection
Our network security architecture consists of multiple security zones. We monitor and protect our network, to make sure no unauthorized access is performed using:
- A virtual private cloud (VPC), a bastion host or VPN with network access control lists (ACL’s) and no public IP addresses.
- A firewall that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic.
- An Intrusion Detection and/or Prevention technologies (IDS/IPS) solution that monitors and blocks potential malicious packets.
- IP address filtering
## DDoS protection
We use Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services powered by an industry-leading solution.
## Data encryption
Encryption in transit: All data sent to or from our infrastructure is encrypted in transit via industry best-practices using Transport Layer Security (TLS). You can see our SSLLabs report [here](https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=todotemplates.com)
Encryption at rest: All our user data (including passwords) is encrypted using battled-proofed encryption algorithms in the database.
## Data retention and removal
We retain your usage data for a period of 90 days after your trial. All data is then completely removed from the dashboard and server.
Every user can request the removal of usage data by contacting support.
Read more about our privacy settings at [todotemplates.com/privacy](todotemplates.com/privacy).
## Business continuity and disaster recovery
We back up all our critical assets and regularly attempt to restore the backup to guarantee a fast recovery in case of disaster.
## Application security monitoring
- We use a security monitoring solution to get visibility into our application security, identify attacks and respond quickly to a data breach.
- We use technologies to monitor exceptions, logs and detect anomalies in our applications.
- We collect and store logs to provide an audit trail of our applications activity.
- We use monitoring such as open tracing in our microservices.
## Application security protection
- We use a runtime protection system that identifies and blocks OWASP Top 10 and business logic attacks in real-time.
- We use security headers to protect our users from attacks. You can check our grade on [this security scanner](https://www.sqreen.io/scan?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftodotemplates.com).
- We use security automation capabilities that automatically detect and respond to threats targeting our apps.
## Secure development
We develop following security best practices and frameworks (OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25). We use the following best practices to ensure the highest level of security in our software:
- Developers participate in regular security training to learn about common vulnerabilities and threats
- We review our code for security vulnerabilities
- We regularly update our dependencies and make sure none of them has known vulnerabilities
- We use Static Application Security Testing (SAST) to detect basic security vulnerabilities in our codebase
- We use Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) to scan our applications
- We rely on [yearly | bi-annually | quarterly] third-party security experts to perform penetration tests of our applications.
## Responsible disclosure
We encourage everyone that practices responsible disclosure and comply with our policies and terms of service to participate in our bug bounty program.
Please avoid automated testing and only perform security testing with your own data. Please do not disclose any information regarding the vulnerabilities until we fix them. Rewards are done at our discretion depending on the criticality of the vulnerability reported.
You can report vulnerabilities by contacting [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include a proof of concept. We will respond as quickly as possible to your submission and won’t take legal actions if you follow the rules.
**Accepted vulnerabilities are the following:**
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Open redirect
- Cross-site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Command/File/URL inclusion
- Authentication issues
- Code execution
- Code or database injections
**This bug bounty program does NOT include:**
- Logout CSRF
- Account/email enumerations
- Denial of Service (DoS)
- Attacks that could harm the reliability/integrity of our business
- Spam attacks
- Clickjacking on pages without authentication and/or sensitive state changes
- Mixed content warnings
- Lack of DNSSEC
- Content spoofing / text injection
- Timing attacks
- Social engineering
- Insecure cookies for non-sensitive cookies or 3rd party cookies
- Vulnerabilities requiring exceedingly unlikely user interaction
- Exploits that require physical access to a user's machine
## User protection
We provide a 2-factor authentication mechanism to protect our users from account takeover attacks. Setting up this extra security measure is optional but highly recommended to increase the security of sensitive data.
**Account takeover protection**
We protect our users against data breaches by monitoring and blocking brute force attacks.
Single sign-on (SSO) is offered for our enterprise customers.
Single sign-on (SSO) is available using your Google account.
**Role-based access control**
Role-based access control (RBAC) is offered on all our accounts and allows our users to define roles and permissions.
- Our company is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). We protect the privacy and security of your protected health information (PHI) in accordance with the very strict requirements of [HIPAA](https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/security/laws-regulations/index.html),
- Our company offers HIPAA BAA agreements to enterprise companies that need to comply with HIPAA regulations.
Our company is [SOC 2 Type [1 | 2]](https://www.aicpa.org/interestareas/frc/assuranceadvisoryservices/aicpasoc2report.html) certified, which means that an independent auditor has evaluated our product, infrastructure, and policies, and certifies that we meet or exceed specific levels of controls and processes for the security of user data.
**EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield**
Our company conforms with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks for regulating data privacy between the European Union and the United States.
We process and store your payment information in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards ([PCI DSS](https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/)). We have been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and are certified as a PCI Service Provider.
Our company is [ISO/IEC 27001](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_27001) certified. This standard provides a framework for establishing, and maintaining an information security management system (ISMS) to secure sensitive information through a risk management process that combines IT systems, people and processes.
We’re compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of GDPR is to protect the private information of EU citizens and give them more control over their personal data. Contact us for more details on how we comply to GDPR.
## Payment information
- All payment instrument processing is safely outsourced to [Stripe | Braintree] which is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. We don’t collect any payment information and are therefore not subject to PCI obligations.
- We safely process and store your payment information following the strict Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). We are certified as a PCI Service Provider.
## Employee access
- Our strict internal procedure prevents any employee or administrator from gaining access to user data. Limited exceptions can be made for customer support.
- All our employees sign a Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement when joining the company to protect our customers' sensitive information.